Home Forum Technical support Threat Detected – Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 Download

• Threat Detected – Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 Download

Posted by unka757 on December 28, 2023 at 11:20 pm

I just downloaded the 1.04 patch, I extracted it and my A/V immediately quarantined a threat. It’s classified as a Trojan/Ransomware.

Win32/Wacapew.C!ml

I am not comfortable installing this on my computer, and I would be cautious for others to install this as well.

This is extremely dangerous and as classified as a High Level Threat. Why is this bundled in the download?

yourhorse replied 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • yourhorse

Administrator
    December 29, 2023 at 1:28 am

The installer is community based and unlike most companies they whitelist their installers.
    We are a none profit community and we make everything out of love for the game.
    If you do not trust it than don’t install it and do the installation manually.

There is also a tool called commandpost which is community made but that will also mark as a threat.
    The reason a virus scan mark it as a virus is because the installer is creating windows registry keys and its scanning the installation directory.

If you have any questions please let me know.

• unka757

December 29, 2023 at 2:17 am

Thanks for the fast response. I will go manual this time around.

• yourhorse

Administrator
    December 29, 2023 at 8:56 pm

For anyone who use the tool and is worried about security issues.
    The installation has been updated and the setup is no longer flagged as a threat.
    Tested with AVG, windows defender, mcafee.

See video below.
    1. How to install
    2. Gameplay
    3. How to disable